Elk and Deer
Cervidae(All Elk, Deer, Caribou, Hybrids, etc...)
INTERSTATE Movement of Cervidae to South Dakota
*All permits must be issued by an Animal Industry Board veterinarian between 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
- Certificate of Veterinary Inspection and permit number issued by an Animal Industry Board veterinarian.
- Individual official ID (ear tag #s or microchip) AND a plastic ear tag # listed on the CVI.
- BRUCELLOSIS: Two negative BRUCELLOSIS tests within 30 days prior to entry using the same blood sample for both tests. (Exception: Animals coming from a Brucellosis free certified herd with a current test date.)
- TUBERCULOSIS: Negative (single-cervical) test of herd of origin 90-360 days prior to entry AND Negative (single-cervical) test of individual animals within 30 days prior to entry. (Exception: Animals coming from an Accredited Tuberculosis Free herd with a current test date.)
- ANAPLASMOSIS AND BLUETONGUE: Negative test within 30 days prior to entry.
- CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE: The following statements MUST appear on the CVI:
"All cervidae identified on this certificate originate from a herd in which all cervidae have been kept for at least 3 years or into which they were born. There has been no exposure to or additions from any other source in the past 3 years. There has never been diagnosis, signs, or epidemiological evidence of CWD in this herd. Records and causes of death for the past 3 years in this herd of origin are available to the Animal Health Officials of the state of origin. This herd has been 100% CWD monitored on all deaths involving animals 16 months of age and older in the past 3 years.
No animal has ever originated from, or been a member of a herd where CWD has been diagnosed, or been a member of a CWD trace-back or trace-forward herd, by an epidemiological investigation.
- Owner must also sign the Certificate of Veterinary Inspection verifying the statements are true and accurate.
- Statement by Veterinarian: "I have read all ID tags on the animals in the shipment and verify they are all accurately listed."