Elk and Deer
Cervidae(All Elk, Deer, Caribou, Hybrids, etc...)
INTERSTATE Movement of Cervidae to South Dakota
*All permits must be issued by an Animal Industry Board veterinarian between 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
- Certificate of Veterinary Inspection and permit number issued by an Animal Industry Board veterinarian.
- Individual official ID (ear tag #s or microchip) AND a plastic ear tag # listed on the CVI.
- BRUCELLOSIS: Two negative BRUCELLOSIS tests within 30 days prior to entry using the same blood sample for both tests. (Exception: Animals coming from a Brucellosis free certified herd with a current test date.)
- TUBERCULOSIS: Negative (single-cervical) test of herd of origin 90-360 days prior to entry AND Negative (single-cervical) test of individual animals within 30 days prior to entry. (Exception: Animals coming from an Accredited Tuberculosis Free herd with a current test date.)
- ANAPLASMOSIS AND BLUETONGUE: Negative test within 30 days prior to entry.
- CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE: The following statements MUST appear on the CVI:
- "All cervidae identified on this certificate of veterinary inspection originate from a herd which has been determined to have certified CWD cervid herd status by the animal health official of the State of South Dakota." and;
- All certificates of veterinary inspection also must have the following statement with the signature of the cervid owner attesting validity. "No animal has ever originated from, or been a member of a herd, where CWD has been diagnosed, or been a member of a CWD traceback or traceforward herd in the past five years."
- Owner must also sign the Certificate of Veterinary Inspection verifying the statements are true and accurate.